Special Educational Needs or Disability
At Goldsmith Primary Academy, all parents can expect their child to receive High Quality Teaching (HQT), early identification of need, and swift, timely intervention to fulfil their academic and personal potential.
At Goldsmith Primary Academy, our Special Educational Needs and Disability Coordinator (SENDCo) is Mrs Ayres.
- To make reasonable adjustments for those with a disability by ensuring increased access to the curriculum, the environment and to printed information for all
- To ensure that children and young people with SEN engage in the activities of the school alongside pupils who do not have SEN
- To reduce barriers to progress by embedding the principles in the National Curriculum Inclusion statement.
- To use our best endeavours to secure special educational provision for pupils for whom this is required, that is “additional to and different from” that provided within the differentiated curriculum to better respond to the four areas of need:
1. Communication and interaction
2. Cognition and learning
3. Social, mental and emotional health
- To request, monitor and respond to parent/carers’ and pupils’ views in order to evidence high levels of confidence and partnership.
- To ensure a high level of staff expertise to meet pupil needs, through well-targeted continuing professional development.
- To support pupils with medical conditions full inclusion in all school activities by ensuring consultation with health and social care professionals.
- To work in cooperative and productive partnership with the Local Authority and other outside agencies, to ensure there is a multi-professional approach to meeting the needs of all vulnerable learners.
https://www.wcld.co.uk/kb5/walsall/asch/localoffer.page?localofferchannel=0 – Walsall Local Offer
https://www.wcld.co.uk/kb5/walsall/asch/service.page?id=yj2W-cxJVEg&localofferchannel=0 – Walsall Information, Advice & Support Service (SEND) (formerly Walsall Parent Partnership Service)
https://www.autismwestmidlands.org.uk/ – Autism West Midlands
https://www.wcld.co.uk/kb5/walsall/asch/service.page?id=jNz1O1S94mk – Walsall Speech and Language Therapy Service